Sunday 21 October 2012

GETTING THERE

I haven't been able to stitch for a couple of days but I am hoping to get a few things done this week. I have completed the Santa's sleigh stitchery for the Wish Quilt and think I have mastered Bronwyn's technique of framing the stitcheries. Well, I hope I have because I need to frame Brutus. I can then start piecing some of the blocks togther.



I am really loving the red and whites. I know why Barb loves them so much now.

Yesterday I was invited to lunch at a friend's place and I made her a little pressie. It is one of the free designs from Cheryl Goss's "A Little Bit French ".  
 You can click on the button in the side bar of this page at the top right hand side if you would like to visit Cheryl's blog.



Today I am going to start tracing the stitcheries for Lynette Anderson's "In Full Bloom" quilt which I am planning to take to my patchwork group's retreat next month. So , it is off to the sewing room for me now, as messy as it is. I still haven't put those sheves up yet. You will be the first to see them when they are up.

What have I been reading the past few weeks?

   

Marie Bostwick's series consists of 4 books which are light and entertaining for those who love reading about quilters. I have read all 4. Joy Dettman is good Aussie author and "Thorn on the Rose" is the sequel to" Pearl in a Cage" As for Philippa Gregory, well I love her books, especially the historical novels. I still need to read "The River Queen" and I believe she now has new release which I shall eagerly await to be sold in paperback.

Happy stitching and happy reading.

Angel Blessings..

3 comments:

  1. Some interesting reading there. I adore your lovely stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, you are a "no reply" commenter. We do have a lot in common, I love stitchery and have started the Wish Quilt a couple years ago and put it aside. Maybe I need to pull this one out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been so busy as usual and have done lovely work. Your books look interesting as well. Loved your fantastic wall hanging which is on Val Laird's blog.

    ReplyDelete