Saturday 30 November 2013

STITCHERIES and READING

A while back I mentioned starting a quilt for a future (yet not thought of) grandchild. It is "Once Upon A Stitchery Quilt" by Smee Designs. I bought a jelly roll of Kaffe Fasset's spotty fabrics in a rainbow of colours from Mill Rose Cottage a while ago. When I decided to start the stitcheries I realised I had no idea what colour threads to use. Then I had a light bulb moment! What about a variegated thread? Hmmm great idea but what colour variegated thread? I eventually narrowed the choice down to 2 and then decided to use orange/yellows. So, here are the 3 I have completed thus far. Only 9 more to go.

Meanwhile I have been catching up on some reading the past few weeks.




(Hmm, the photography isn't very good and I apologise for that) As you can see I love to read various genres. There are a couple of biographies in there and I have read most of Jennifer Chiaverini's quilt novels, infact I have 2 more on my "to read" book shelf.  Debbie Macomber's books are lighthearted easy reads based around knitting and Geraldine Brooks is a favourite of mine over the years too.

Do you love to read? I would love to hear what you are reading at the moment .

Angel Blessings.

4 comments:

  1. such beautiful stitchery's Ondrea and boy you read a lot,have a lovely weelend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy popping in to see your lovely stitcheries. I hope when I retire to spend a whole lot more time reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitcheries Ondrea! You do such beautiful work. Have to confess I haven't read a book for a while, but did enjoy Caleb's Crossing earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your stitcheries. Can even recognize the stories. heheheheh I need to get me some of Jennifer's books.

    ReplyDelete