Sunday 21 August 2016

AN AFTERNOON IN THE SEWING ROOM


It's amazing what one can achieve in an afternoon.  I had a completed Sashiko piece sitting in the "to finish" drawer ready to make into a table runner. The last time I took it out of the drawer I couldn't find the Japanese fabric I had stashed somewhere for this table runner so I put it back and forgot about it until last week. Thank goodness I tidied up my sewing room because I found that fabric amongst my other Japanese fabrics . So, yesterday afternoon I completed it! Yey! I didn't have enough fabric for the back as well as the border so I used another Japanese fabric for the backing which just happens to be owls.


 
Close up pic.
 
 
 
 
A peek of the back.
 
 
 
 
After this finish I thought I would start sewing some burp cloths for my future grandchild. I made one and was going to make 5 more today but I went shopping for a pram instead. I might get the rest made tomorrow. I bought a towel instead of towelling because the towelling was $44 a metre!
 
 
 
My most recent purchase included a Christmas stitchery for a hexie table topper. I have completed stitching it and am now auditioning fabrics for the borders. Hmmm, think I need to go fabric shopping again.
 
 
 
 
I completed the October stitchery for a mini but when I ironed it grunge came out of the iron! GRrrrrr. Not happy! Don't know what to do now. I might have to cut out the circle and applique it to a background. Any ideas?
 
 
 
Plans to get out in the garden have not yet happened due to the cold and rain.
 
Keep warm, keep well, and keep smiling.
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Loving all your projects.... Did you get a pram ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿผ๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ondrea I would try gently hand washing your piece to see if the marks come out. And boy you have been busy ,lots of beautiful project there ,your Japanese piece is stunning,well done my friend,did you manage to find a pram xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful things you are working on Ondrea. Not sure how to help with the iron mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? How can towelling be so pricey?! As for the gunge from the iron, I wonder if you could wash just that area with a smidge of gentle soap? Or maybe the whole thing? It's hard to tell without being able to see the whole item... good luck, I'm wincing for you, what a nuisance:(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to get my sashiko finished...... Looks great.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to get my sashiko finished...... Looks great.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects,sorry no advice :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Ondrea what a pain about the iron leaving a mark on one....I can't believe the price of towelling maybe use towels instead?? ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete