Thursday 1 June 2017

GRRRRRRRRR!!!



My Little Lucy progress has been good and I was humming along quite nicely having finally pieced the 2 bottom rows together.


 
 
So, today I thought I would start piecing the top 2 rows together. or at least sew row 3 to the bottom 2 rows. That didn't happen! I lost my mojo. Why? I realised that I had sewn the 2nd row in the wrong order despite having numbered all the blocks and taken photos of the quilt layout. Yes, I mucked it up . Instead of sewing sequentially 3, 4 and 5 I had somehow stitched  the order 5,4,and 6. I really don't like the blocks in that order as it changes the whole appearance of the quilt. I cannot unpick them as I have removed many of the papers and my whipstitching is very fine and tight. Whenever I have tried to unpick my whipstitching it resulted in the fabric fraying very badly. So, I am definitely NOT doing the happy dance.
Here is the pic of how the new (unimproved) layout looks. The centre red block would have been on the left to spread out all the red blocks from each other. I already have one humility block which I shall point out another time. It is one thing to have a humility block but I have never heard of a humility row! LOL.  
 
  
 
 
On a brighter note, I have finished knitting my munchkin's jacket and just need to stitch it up and add the buttons. I shall now knit the matching hat.
 
 
 
 
I have picked up my Gothic stitchery again as it was half done and I wasn't happy with the purple I had used. When I received a beautiful rich purple thread from Shez as part of my birthday gift in April I knew it was the perfect colour for this project. So, I unpicked what I had done and am enjoying working with this purple now.
 
 
 
 
Thankyou for visiting me again.
 
Angel Blessings
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea,you know i love the layout of your Lucy,sorry it wasnt the order that you wanted,but i really like it.
    Love Corben's Jacket that will keep him warm.
    So glad you love your purple thread,enjoy your evening my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your Lucy is still beautiful! carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think it's lovely, but do understand that if it is not pleasing to YOUR eye then it's frustrating.
    I wonder if making more blocks (and I know this was not your intent) would balance it again for you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Ondera I still think Little Lucy looks amazing even if it is not as you planned. I do not have any helpful suggestions I am sorry. The last idea sounds good, but would you want to do that?? Love the Munchkins jumper, good to see you are happy with the stitchery now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Lucy layout. I know what you mean though when you have something in your mind. Beautiful little jacket. Your stitching is coming along very nicely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ondrea, I'm so sorry to read of your LB woes! It's just beastly when you have in mind the way you want something, & it doesn't end up that way... especially after all your beautiful stitching so far. (be assured I have uttered a swear word on your behalf!)
    The cardigan looks so snuggly & a hat to match it will be perfect for the cold months ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy does look lovely but I know what you mean. Walk away from it for a while and come back with fresh eyes and I am sure that you will see it differently. Cute little jacket.

    ReplyDelete