As promised, I now have some pics of my Henrietta Whiskers quilt. I am so pleased that I have finally finished this awesome project although I still need to sew a label onto the back.
I machine pieced this quilt but hand appliqued it and had one of the girls from my quilting group quilt it for me. She has done a fantastic job. Here are some close ups of a couple of blocks.
Now that I have completed 2 quilts I can get on with the 2 little handpieced Civil War quilts I am currently stitching. Here is the first row of one of them and 4 more blocks I am working on.
I was recently asked to contribute a crazy patch block for a surprise 60th birthday quilt. The only specifications were that it needed to be 10 and a half inches square , have a bit of black in it and my name was to be embroidered on somewhere. So, with creative juices flowing and having only done crazy patch once many many years ago, I decided to Utube some tutorials and discovered a wonderful method that didn't require a foundation to stitch onto. As I have never used any of the embroidery stitches on my sewing machine, ( not that there are many), I decided to be adventurous. So with scraps of my favourite colour fabrics I proceeded to just play and this is the result.
Ofcourse, I hand stitched my name and hope it isn't too big. Oh what fun I had!!! I hope you are having s
some fun with your creativity this weekend. Angel Blessings.