Thursday 18 December 2014

"SEW" THIS IS CHRISTMAS



Have you all completed your Christmas stitching?  Believe it or not I am still steadily stitching the hours away completing some Christmas decos.  I had a few days where I couldn't stitch no thanks to my FMS ( Fibromyalgia) playing up rather badly and a night in emergency at my local hospital as a result of side effects from the pain killers I was taking. Grrrrrrrr. So, this afternoon I completed the last of 3 pressies for my great nieces and one of my great nephews. I made little dilly bags with their initial appliqued on the front and a gift inside. Originally I had intended to make the girls little handbags and the boy a wallet with pockets in it to put his matchbox cars in. Alas, I could not find any patterns in time so I decided to wing it and make some dilly bags instead. Even that was trial and error !


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One of the things that went inside the bags were these. I cannot take credit for them, they were made by a friend. Great idea huh?
 
 
 
 
 
 
I posted small pressies to some lovely bloggy friends.
 
 
 
 
 
After much ado trying to find some wheat and discovering the smallest bag I could buy was 5kg, I made 3 wheat bags for my beauty therapist as a gift. ( I think I will be making a lot more or giving the wheat to my daughter's chooks! )
 
 
 
 
 
 
These little items were in one of those pressies but I cannot say who they were for until they have received them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And this was posted today to..............
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry about so many photos, I got all excited hehehehe.  Now that I have finished all the gifts I can focus on finishing those decos  so I can put all my Christmas things on display this weekend.
 
Many thanks for all your lovely comments and friendship this year. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year with an abundance of all good things. I may post again before Christmas Day depending on other commitments and my health status.
 
Many Angel Blessings.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gifts Ondrea... Love the mice...cute!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my lovely friend,glad you are feeling better and I love the bags you made and wow those pin cushion sets are Devine,well done ,and I hope you had a lovely day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness you have been busy - your little dilly bags look great. Those pincushions....well ... WOW - so lovely. Lovely to hear you are feeling better and I hope you stay healthy for quite a while - and my very best wishes for a healthy happy festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dilly bags....you did well!! The pincushions are beautiful...lucky giftees!!
    I hope you are feeling better and get through the Christmas time ok...very best wishes for Christmas and all the best for the New Year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will the favourite aunty on Christmas day with those cute bags. I hope that you are back to better now and have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work .Ondrea. love the bags,but the pincushion and scissor keeper is lovely. Hope you are better and you and family have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete