Saturday 8 October 2016

A GOOD WEEK


Earlier this past week I received Michelle's new pattern which has the cutest Aussie animals in a Christmas theme. I am itchin' for stitchin' this one.




On Thursday I went on a bus trip with one of my patchwork groups to see the " Making the Australian Quilt" exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria at Federation Square. Oh my! Was I in heaven! So many beautiful antique quilts made by hand, probably by candlelight.  Some of the English Paper Pieced ones still had papers in them and I guess that is how they managed to date some of them. So many beautiful Crazy Quilts, Log Cabins, Tumbling Blocks, hexies appliques and embroidery. There were also some Waggas. I did take pics on my new phone but I can't load them onto the computer. When I bought the phone they promised me I would be able to but upon trying I realised I need to download a new program which is only available on particular computers. You guessd it, NOT MINE! So, NOT HAPPY! Thus no pics. After lunch at a Lygon St Italian Restaurant we then went to The Cutting Cloth in Fairfield which I love. I  bought some fat 1/4s and some hanky linen which I have  been unable to find locally.


 
Then we went to GJ's Fabrics where I bought some cat fabric, owl fabric ( no surprise there) and some contrast fabric for borders on whatever I make with these fabrics.
 
 
 
 
The baby blanket is growing.
 
 
 
 
I even finished another book.( But didn't really enjoy it).
 
 
 
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello my lovely friend ,your trip sounds amazing,how sad you cant download your pics.
    I love your new fabrics and your baby blanket is looking fantastic,love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iam going to that quilt Exhibition next week
    That's the trouble with all this techo stuff You have to keep updating
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete