Friday 19 May 2017

PROGRESS

 I have been feeling rather inept when it comes to completing the many projects I have on the go so I am determined to at least keep on going with Little Lucy. I had a bit of a problem trying to consider  how I was going to piece this quilt so I ended up piecing it row by row like other quilts. I have nearly finished piecing this 1st row ( just a few little bits left).


 
 
I bought a Gail Pan table runner pattern a couple of weeks ago but couldn't find suitable fabric in my stash to make it. So what's a girl to do? Go to her local patchwork shop ofcourse! So yesterday I came home with some fabric .  
 
 
 
 
The shop also sells wool so I was able to buy some to start knitting something warm for my grandson. He is now 12 weeks old.
 
 
 
 
In years gone by I have always read several books a year. There were times I read over 60 but I seem to be reading less and less each year. I know this because for decades I have kept a special journal listing every book I read year by year. It is quite interesting to see how the genres have changed over time and I can see what my special interests were at the time. Well, hanging my head in shame, I declare that I have just finished the first book for the year. Isn't that pitiful? I love Philipa Gregory's books which are all based on historical fact with fiction woven in. The author is actually a historian.  I have read all her books in this series as well as many others over time.  Trouble is, I can't fit it on my bookshelf with the others. No room!
 
 
 
 
The weather is rather dismal here so I am quite happy to sit and sew, knit and crochet.
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea your Lucy is looking fantastic,love your new pattern and boy little Corben is 3mths,gee that went quick,you are a good nana knitting him something warm,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lucy is coming along nicely Ondrea and I like the look of the Gail Pan pattern. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Lucy Boston blocks !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Lucy is looking great, good you got to the shop, nice colour you are knitting for Corben. I think what we read changes over the years, I know my tastes have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy is going great..... I was thinking of getting sections together but once I joined the first two it was too hard.... I keep joining each block on and that is going great and manageable and manoeuvrable..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how your Lucy is looking. Your new runner fabric is certainly you...very nice. Lucky Grandson to have a clever Nana. I haven't read as much as I would like either this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, to keep a journal of the books you've read... sadly I lost track of my list a couple of years ago
    LB is looking great, it does sometimes take a concerted commitment with a project, so it doesn't linger unfinished for too long... well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoyed your book reviews on the forum. I am reading more than stitching these days and am up to book number 45 this year. To everything there is a season...

    ReplyDelete