Saturday 26 August 2017

VARIETY


Looking at many stitching blogs I realise that I am not the only one who likes variety when stitching. I always have so many different projects on the go and as soon as I finish one I start another despite still having many others to complete. My clam shell mini is slowly growing.




I  have finished stitching the 2nd bird and have started another one. I love stitching on to the flour sack fabric.
 
 
 
 
 
I found a lovely applique project in one of my Simply Vintage mags. The pieces are all cut out ready to applique but I can't decide which fabric to put them on to. I bought the lighter coloured fabric last week and I already had the grey fabric in my stash. Now I am not sure about either of them.
 
The lighter one is actually a creamy yellowish colour which isn't showing up here.
 
 
 
The grey.
 
 
 
I have finished reading a lovely biography which is the first of a few that Maya Angelou wrote about her very interesting life. I have tried to get back into the habit of reading every night and have enjoyed it immensely. The current book I am reading is a novel based on fact and I have nearly finished that one too.
 
 
 
So now I shall take you back to my travels.
 
On 21st June, 2015 we left Chippenham at 11.00am headed for the M4 and M5 to Cornwall. We stopped for a break after driving for 2 hours then continued our journey arriving in Cornwall at 2.50pm . We needed another break before arriving in Penzance on a very cold, wet and dreary day. We had booked a Bed and Breakfast place to stay in and they didn't have any parking so we had to park the car about a block away opposite the beach. More struggling with luggage!
 
 
 
It was a quaint little room. We had our own bathroom and it was very comfortable.
 
 
After checking in and having a small rest we headed on out in the rain
 
 
 
 
St Michael's Mount in the distance.
 
 
 
We walked to a lovely character filled Inn for dinner. 
 
 
The next day we walked around Penzance to explore the town.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I loved this house just around the corner.
 
 
The next day we went to St Ives. I will show you some pics next time. 
 
Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog and sharing fond memories of my trip.
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
.
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea,lovely clamshells and stitching my friend.
    I am loving the buildings where you travelled,boy it sure looks cold there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely variety! I like working on different things too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much goodness here! I love your clamshells, so pretty! I think I would use the gray background for the appliqué, but both are pretty! I know whatever you choose it will be lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love yourclamshellls and stitchery, cute little birds. I am with Ellyn, I like the gray background. I am enjoying your travels, love Cornwall it is such an interesting area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That house is gorgeous, and I'm loving Cornwall after watching Poldark :-)
    I'm so happy you're enjoying stitching on floursack! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute bird stitcheries. I love looking at your holiday snaps and could not help noticing the pebble beach. A far cry from our lovely white sandy beaches. Looking forward to sharing your next holiday stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your clam shells are looking great, Ondrea. Lovely stitcheries too.

    ReplyDelete