Thursday 19 October 2017

MUNCHKIN, CROCHET AND STITCHING

 I was so excited to have my little munchkin stay with me for a few hours today. It was the first time he had been left anywhere without my daughter or son in law.  He was such a joy and never shed a single tear. I am over the moon to know that he loved staying with us.


 
This morning a parcel arrived from the U.K containing that ball of yarn I desperately needed to complete my crocheted colourwash blanket. As I was paying a fair bit of postage I decided to make it more viable by ordering 3 new crochet hooks that are designed to make it easier on the hands .
 
 
Last week my lovely colourful balls of yarn arrived from the UK to crochet a gorgeous blanket which may prove to be a bit of a challenge for me. Unfortunately, the pattern book didn't come with the kit so I couldn't start it as soon as I wanted to. However, after sending an email and receiving a very prompt reply the actual pattern book is winging its way here, infact it has most likely already landed in the country. I can't fault Black Sheep Wools service whatsoever. They were truly amazing.
 
 
I was eagerly awaiting Jenny's latest free BOM and have prepared it ready for stitching. I love the combination of applique and stitching.
 
 
Voila! All my Little Lucy rows are now pieced together. I just need to add some side fillers and then she is ready for borders.
 
 
I hope you are all enjoying some stitching time.
 
Angel Blessings. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your little man is just gorgeous! What very nice mail you received and isn't lovely to have ethical businesses to deal with. I look forward to seeing your new project evolve xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crochet hooks are brilliant! I picked one up in UK last weekend and have put two more on my Christmas wish list. Gorgeous little boy and your Lucy blocks are looking great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fun day was had by all......it is lovely having a little visitor. Those new yarns look yummy -cannot wait to see them made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is your Munchkin!! So good he was happy to spend time with you, but then why wouldnt he?? 😆 good to see your wool turned up and the hooks. Looking forward to see your new project..and Little Lucy being finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Munchkin is soooooo cute! And what a great quilt! I will wait to see it ready! Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mia. I can't email you because you are a no reply blogger.

      Delete
  6. That first time babysitting your grandbaby is precious. How blessed you both were!

    ReplyDelete