Monday 12 February 2018

A BIG "WHEW" AFTER A BIG "'OOPS" WITH LUCY

Once again the time has flown by yet I am still trying to finish Little Lucy. I have been stitching each night in an attempt to complete the final round before seeking suitable fabric for the borders and taking a deep breath before I needle turn the top to the borders. Well, I only had about 4 of the antique white pieces left to stitch on when I noticed that one of the pieces I had already done was frayed so badly that it was barely holding together. Hmmm what to do? My whipstitch is really fine , so fine that there is no way to unpick it without fraying the rest of the fabric. Okay, panic set in and I broke out in a hot sweat which was not one of my hot flushes. I decided to put it away for the night. The next evening I decided to be very brave and cut the offending pieces away , 4 in all as they were attached to each other. Now I was left with a ridge on each bit so I tried to cut as much away as possible without poking a big hole in the fabric. I eventually decided to whipstitch slightly under the ridge on that side. I figured if it didn't look right there was nothing I could do about it. However, it looks okay! Yey!

 
Now I just need to fill in those jagged edges between the blocks.
 
Meanwhile I started the EPP for the "Old Time Kaleidoscope" block. However, the fussy cutting of the more detailed fabric is proving to be rather frustrating. Despite following the photo included with the pattern my pieces do not line up properly. Needless to say I have put this aside for a while and may need to send away for more of that fabric to play with. I don't think that it has been a very good stitching week for me.
 
  
 
 
I finished a book in January which is written by an Aussie who is currently writing a sequel. This is her first book and I was rather impressed. It seems that I am accidently discovering a lot of Australian authors.   
 
 
 
I hope you have had a better stitching week than me.
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh Ondrea you poor thing... those problems thwarting you! Glad you've been able to satisfactorily remedy Little Lucy, & good luck with the other fussy cutting too... I love the look of fussy cut but boy it can be tricky to achieve! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I am sorry to hear you are having sewing challenges Ondrea, the fraying is a pain and the fussy cutting is a challenge! Do you have a clear template to look through before you cut? Little Lucy looks good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger with the fabric but looks fantastic ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ondrea i am so sorry you have had a bothersome time with hat sewing/stitching you have done,some times its good to put it away and look at it later through fresh eyes,i am glad you got your Lucy blocks sorted and i hope this week is a better week for you ,sending you big hugs my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is not nice when you have these hiccups! Lucy is looking just lovely though xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite often I have to put something away for awhile when there are problems. Luckily I have more to work on. You've done a great job correcting the fray issue and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes put it away and pull it out again next week.........it's usually better then...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got it sorted out Ondrea. Your quilt is looking wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. good save!!
    lovely fabric that you are fussy cutting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Putting it away for a while definitely helps and looking at it with fresh eyes often gives you the "answer". Little Lucy is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    หนังสยองขวัญ

    ReplyDelete

  12. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs, I just recently got into reading blogs and I’m absolutely loving them so far.
    vinyl wrap austin thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete