Tuesday 7 February 2012

HENRIETTA AND OTHER THINGS



These past few days I have been busy appliquing 3 of the Henrietta Whiskers blocks. Henrietta Whiskers was a free block of the month last year from Bunny Hill Designs. I have another ready to applique and all the rest of the blocks are pieced ready to fuse the applique pieces onto them. I have used the blanket stitch applique method which I feel quite comfortable with.



I also finished the bamboo stitchery from Vignette #5 but I am having trouble finding a 5" x 9" canvas to mount it on . Any ideas?


I have been stitching a couple of Gail Pan's pincushions from her Flowers In May designs using Cottage Garden threads which I am gradually collecting because I love them using them.



 I have been cutting out and basting hexies for the first 2 borders of my Insanity quilt.



Too many photos? Sorry! Just one more. I love tins and wooden boxes. On the Fabric Frolic we called into an Op Shop and I found this gorgeous tin.  It even has a thatched roof with a bird's nest on top!



I would love to know if anyone else is doing Henrietta Whiskers and if you also like tins.

Thanks for popping in.

8 comments:

  1. Henrietta's Whiskers is downloaded and in my 'ron' file! I love tins too. I collect mainly advertising ones. My tea bags are in an old Amgoorie tin and the gravy powder in a Gravox tin, Weet-Bix has its own tin too. I have shelves and shelves of tins I don't use but can't part with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say Linda and I were twins that were separated at birth, but she is a bit younger than me. LOL!!!
    I have Henrietta saved and really intend to do it. As for tins?? I have so many Arnotts, various tea and coffee caddies, and like Linda a lot are empty but I cannot part with them. I will have to take a pic- same with all the house shaped teapots I have along with 2 big house shaped biscuit barrels- running out of room here and even my thimble cabinet is pretty full. :D
    Your Henrietta blocks are lovely, Ondrea. I really need to have a day just tracing and preparing projects and bagging them up. Wish I was as organized as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was home [could have taken a photo then] as I too bought two old gorgeous tins just recently ... one is for my buttons, the other yet to find a special use. I have a Uncle Toby's tin for the porridge in use, and an Arnott's truck holding match boxes.
    Ondrea, your Henrietta Whiskers is so inspiring. I have saved it and it is high on my list of 'must do'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very busy Ondrea :) Lovely sewing and I too love tins....specially the old ones. Hugs Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work, I also have lots of tins and also prefer to stitch by hand. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ondrea-your work really is lovely. I am an avid tin collector from way back.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Ondrea. You have a really nice eye for colour. I didn't collect the Henrietta Blocks but after seeing yours I wish I had.

    I wouldn't say I collect tins but I have a few my Mum passed on to me that I just can't seem to throw away.

    ReplyDelete