Tuesday 16 July 2013

BEEN BUSY

I know it is a while since I last posted but I have been stitching. Really and truly! Do you want to see what I have done? You know I love the Civil War repro fabrics and quilts so here is the result of handpiecing  2 dolls quilts. The first one is the Shoo Fly dolls quilt, the 2nd one is the Civil War Stars dolls quilt.







Then there is the English Paper Pieced bedside topper I have almost completed.



Remember the In Full Bloom stitchetries I did a while ago? Well ,they have all been pieced together as the photo shows. Since I took that pic I have sewn the inner borders on and stitched the outer border fabrics together ready to put on soon.




I have finished the cute little Gail Pan wallhanging from one of the Vignette magazines. Hers was all in browns but I chose to do blues and browns, It is needleturn applique and  embroidery. I machine pieced it but hand quilted it.




This is the current Celtic Knot I am stitching.




Meet Clay again. Since I tidied my sewing area he has decided that it is his! As cats do!





Hmmmm not much room for me to lay out my quilt blocks but as long as he is comfortable. *rolling my eyes*

I think that is enough for today. Next time I hope to have the completed Henrietta Whiskers quilt to show you. It is back from the quilter's just waiting for the binding and a few little buttons to be stitched on.

Meanwhile ,happy stitching, blog hopping and many angel blessings to you all.  

7 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous projects there Ondrea!! Love the doll's quilts; my mind boggles at all the hand stitching:) Aha, Clay ... now he is just being a cat! He knows where he belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm constantly amazed at all you accomplish Ondrea, lovely work being done and finished off. Clay is gorgeous too, a very lovely model :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been so productive. Some lovely work there Ondrea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been busy is right. Those doll quilts are something to be proud of. Your Clay is just gorgeous - he reminds me of my lovely boy who I lost a couple of years ago. Give him a big hug from me please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy with your little projects. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many nice projects you have going :-)
    You asked about the charity quilts. I have cut the jelly rolls from my own fabric collection. You can find the pattern for these quilts on youtube.com - seach 1600" quilt. They are fast and fun to do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy with your lovely projects. I love little quilts. I can never move my cat when she takes over my cutting space. I'll leave her and find something different to do.

    ReplyDelete