Sunday 29 March 2015

PARCELS, STITCHING AND STILL WORKING ON HEXIES.

 I
My dear hubby is quite amused each evening when I haul my Insanity quilt to the couch, plonk down with it draped over my legs, cushions and floor and proceed to thread 3 needles to start stitching the borders . I made a vow to myself that I would work on this quilt every night until the first couple of borders are completed. With one side and another round to go on 3 sides, I still have a lot to do but it will happen! I then need to search for another background fabric that will surround all the rosettes ( hexie flowers)  for the next part of the quilt.

I have enjoyed stitching pressies, swaps and BOMs during the daylight hours .  I have now completed the 3rd block of Val Laird's BOM.


 
 
Having finished some things for swaps and birthdays I decided to start stitching this little pattern that I bought on the Fabric Frolic at The Patchwork Teahouse. I am stitching it in blue and putting it in a little frame in my bedroom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My birthday is only days away now and I am starting to get quite excited as parcels arrive. I am really good and NOT opening them until the day.
 
 
 
 
I am also waiting for  Gail Pan's new Christmas book to arrive . Have you seen it?  
 
 
I hope you have all had a chance to enjoy some sunshine. The weather has been topsy turvy here , winter one day, autumn the next. Thankyou for stopping by.
 
Angel blessings. 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Good on you for being so disciplined!!! Your stitcheries look lovely......love the Christmas book...happy advanced birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perseverance wins the race - you'll get there! I do admire your self-discipline! That stitchery is so darling. When's your birthday??? Mine is Tuesday, although we're celebrating tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you open mine Please excuse the wrapping Will tell you about it once opened

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday in advance. Lots of lovely stitching Ondrea! I am sure your quilt is going to he a stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ondrea oh you have been so busy,i just had to look up your birthday,didnt realize it was the day after Barbs,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your special day....lots of lovely goodies waiting to be opened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Lovely to see what you have been stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely birthday, Ondrea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty stitching and fun getting parcels to wait for you... Have a lovely birthday... when is it?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very disciplined of you Ondrea to leave the birthday goodies until the day!
    And even more disciplined of you to keep working on your Hexy quilt every evening... you'll be glad to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire your patience too Ondrea. Happy Birthday for whenever.. Lucky you getting lots of parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire your patience too Ondrea. Happy Birthday for whenever.. Lucky you getting lots of parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching Ondrea. Happy Birthday when it comes too. How lovely to have some surprise packages to open. Have fun....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday for tomorrow, Ondrea. You have been very good with not opening those presents. Enjoy your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ondrea......another Birthday Clubber popping in to wish you a very Happy Birthday and I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete