Saturday 11 March 2017

CAN'T RESIST A NEW PROJECT



                                                My little ray of sunshine to start this post.


 
 
Hehehe! Now I can get on with it.
 
There are so many unfinished projects waiting in line for me to complete this year. I have been doing fairly well considering I have had other things to focus on recently. A few years ago I bought 2 Rosalie Quinlan BOM blocks in kit form at a craft fair. I recently finished one and now I am delighted to say I have finished the 2nd one. I just need to work out how I am going to piece them together. I am thinking about using the leftover scraps of the fabrics to put between the 2 blocks so I can make a table runner.
 
 
 
 
I am missing doing some EPP and can't focus on doing any fussy cutting at the moment to
  make my filler blocks for the Lucy Boston quilt I have been piecing. ( Once I have completed all the fillers I can piece the whole quilt together).  So, I pulled out my little travel project I have been doing over a few years now. It consists of blue and white rosettes using 1/2" hexies and I have been making very slow progress as it was only done when travelling and for some reason I never got much done each time. Well, I made 4 last night and have started another one today. The ones pictured above are those previously made .  See, not many!
 
 
 
 
As most of you know I am a fan of 1800s repro fabrics, especially those of the Civil War era. Jo Morton makes beautiful 1800s style quilts and has her own fabric line. When I saw that she has just started a Block Of The Week I couldn't resist. What's a girl to do? I have no idea how long I shall stick to it as the Splendid Sampler blocks got too difficult and frequent for me to keep up with. So, fingers crossed, I shall keep up with this one. The good thing is that I have quite a supply of 1800s repro fabrics in my stash so I don't need to buy fabrics especially for the project. Yey! I just chose these fabrics for the first block.
 
 
 
 
I always hand piece all my little Civil War quilts but these blocks are going to be done on the sewing machine. Wish me luck! If you are interested in this BOW I have the link at the top of my right side bar.
 
Now I am off to cut some sashings for my Cup Cake project.
 
Angel Blessings
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Eautifjl project to start your blog post with!! You are doing well with getting on with ufo projects. You can always store the SS patterns and get to them when you feel like it. Love the colours in your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy...just had a look at the new BOW...so tempting! Like you I have many UFOs but nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog in my favourites. It's been a long time since I've been visiting blogs! A lot of the old forum ladies are connected on FB in a special group so I posted the link to your blog there.

    ReplyDelete