My Little Lucy progress has been good and I was humming along quite nicely having finally pieced the 2 bottom rows together.
So, today I thought I would start piecing the top 2 rows together. or at least sew row 3 to the bottom 2 rows. That didn't happen! I lost my mojo. Why? I realised that I had sewn the 2nd row in the wrong order despite having numbered all the blocks and taken photos of the quilt layout. Yes, I mucked it up . Instead of sewing sequentially 3, 4 and 5 I had somehow stitched the order 5,4,and 6. I really don't like the blocks in that order as it changes the whole appearance of the quilt. I cannot unpick them as I have removed many of the papers and my whipstitching is very fine and tight. Whenever I have tried to unpick my whipstitching it resulted in the fabric fraying very badly. So, I am definitely NOT doing the happy dance.
Here is the pic of how the new (unimproved) layout looks. The centre red block would have been on the left to spread out all the red blocks from each other. I already have one humility block which I shall point out another time. It is one thing to have a humility block but I have never heard of a humility row! LOL.
On a brighter note, I have finished knitting my munchkin's jacket and just need to stitch it up and add the buttons. I shall now knit the matching hat.
I have picked up my Gothic stitchery again as it was half done and I wasn't happy with the purple I had used. When I received a beautiful rich purple thread from Shez as part of my birthday gift in April I knew it was the perfect colour for this project. So, I unpicked what I had done and am enjoying working with this purple now.
Thankyou for visiting me again.