Thursday 3 July 2014

LOTZA LOVELIES

Did all you crafty Melbournians make it to the Craft Fair last weekend? I had the opportunity to go with one of my patchwork groups on Sunday. I don't know  if it was simply due to being the last day of the fair or the really horrid weather but it was so easy to walk around and browse at everything. I am used to having to walk sideways , keep excusing myself  and waiting 10 deep in a queue to look at the stalls but this time it was soooo different.

I was on the hunt for Gail Pan's new book  and another book on using Civil War fabrics. Wooohooo! I found them both.



Gail's book is fantastic. I love every project and plan to make them all. It was so nice to catch up with Gail again and have a chat. She kindly signed her book for me. I look forward to seeing her again in a couple of weeks at Treehouse Textiles where she is doing a workshop.  The next thing on my list was the Quilt Mania stand where I subscribed to my fav mag Simply Vintage.

 
 
I bought 3 back dated mags for $20-00, a real bargain (except they are all in French).
 
And look what I got as a freebie with the subscription.
 
 
 
Yey! An Anni Downs bag. I am still doing the happy dance. Ofcourse, more Civil War repros were a must have.
 
 
 
I couldn't pass up a couple of Rosie Q's BOM stitcheries with the gorgeous muted Japanese linens and I also bought the necessities to make some Sashiko Christmas deco stars. Marg Low had some gorgeous little Christmas kits that can be hand sewn so I bought one that has a reindeer button with it. I also found some beads to make some hat pins to go with the purple hat pincushion I have. There were heaps of Cottage Garden threads at one of the stalls so I bought a couple. As you do!
 
NOW dada!!! I finally finished the 12" mini and posted it today. I can't say who it is for until she receives it. I do hope she likes it.
 
 
 
 
 
Not the best photo. A camera problem or the operater?
 
I hope you have all had fun stitching during these cold wintery days and nights. And my lovely European blog friends, enjoy the sunshine while stitching.
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea i love all your new buys,have fun with them and boy your 12" mini is so cute,lucky recipient.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love the look of all those goodies - the books look like they will keep your fingers busy Ondrea! - The Mini is lovely, whoever it goes to will be very happy I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely goodies from the craft show and I'm sure your swap partner will love her 12" mini :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is lovely too !! It will be appreciated !
    Now you can practice your French !!!! LOL ! I love Simply Vintage also ! Can't wait for the new one…. and we have the same pleasure with Gail new book !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bought so many fabulous things. I love your mini, it is absolutely delightful. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini is gorgeous.....lots lolvely buys...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is what I call a "successful day". What a great haul to drool over during the coming weeks. And of course another gorgeous stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a very successful trip to the craft show.
    great Anni downs bag and such a pretty mini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul from the show. I love Gail Pan and would love to get her new book. I have a couple of the Simply Vintage and love everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books and magazines. You had a really successful time shopping at the show... I'd love to get my hands on your haul....:o)) Glad you had a lovely time at the show. Lovely mini too... your swap partner is going to love it.......xx

    ReplyDelete