Thursday 9 October 2014

I LOVE SWAPS!



The last 12 " Mini Swap was due the end of September and I posted mine off to Shez by Express Post as I was a couple of days late and she was flying  to Thailand. Whew! Thankfully it arrived on time. I was eagerly awaiting a mini for myself and was sooooooo thrilled to receive this gorgeous mini from Lyn earlier this week. Unfortunately, Lyn does not have a blog so we can't see all her work but I am sure it is all as lovely as this mini. Lyn does not know me, yet the mini is so apt as my dear dad is a bee keeper.






                                               And, yes, my cat just had to be in the pic!



On Tuesday I did a workshop with one of my patchwork groups making a Christmas wallhanging. You would not believe how much bias tape this project used or how long I stood ironing it all on but it was well worth the time and energy. I still need to stitch the bias down and then finish the quilt properly.  I may just bag it and quilt it rather than put binding on.



 
 
 
Today I was determined to complete 2 of my stitcheries. Another Rosie Q block of Simple Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And another Gail Pan hexie pincushion design.
 
 
 
 
 
 I am hoping to get the above RQ stitchery needle turned into a block like the previous one and the pincushion completed by next week. I think I put another pincushion stitchery on here last time and that one needs to be completed too. "Slowly slowly" is my motto. Just trying not to go so slow that I end up going backwards!
 
 
So, next time I WILL have some completed projects to show you.
 
Angel Blessings.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ondrea,such a lovely mini from Lyn and I love your projects and I sure do love my mini.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini is lovely O....and those stitcheries are lovely...I do like like the tree x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beehive!!! Ondrea you are always so busy and your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mini !!
    You have done a beautiful job with your stitcheries !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mini and your stitcheries. Can't believe it is a year since I met you. I'd love to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bee hive mini, very summery! Your stitcheries are gorgeous I must make a start on my RQ ones as well soon. Hope you're keeping well :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mini quilt, Ondrea! And the stitcheries look lovely too, great designs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your mini looks gorgeous how wonderful that it has special significance.
    lots of lovely stitching too.

    ReplyDelete