Saturday 26 September 2015

SECRETS, CROCHET, FINISHES and THIMBLES


I have been doing some spring cleaning today and have finally sat down to visit blog land. I saw Sue's blog today and was surprised to see that she is heading to Cornwall at the moment. It only seems like yesterday that I was there but I have been back home for almost 3 months now and still haven't shown any photos. Not having an iPhone to take pics and post on the internet slowed me down. I do it the old fashioned way, just taking photos on an actual camera , loading them onto the computer and attaching them from there. However, all my overseas photos were taken on a new camera with a new computer program that is different to the camera I use for my blog. So, all I can show you at the moment is more of my thimble collection. Here are the ones from London.


From L to R... King Henry V111, The Tudor Rose, Queen Victoria and Henry V111's crown.





                         The Crown Jewels ( made in England! Not China.), Tower of London, and Hampton Court Palace.

                      


 
 
 
Westminster Abbey and Kensington Palace.
 
 
 
 
We found Kensington Palace accidently while taking a casual stroll in Hyde Park.  We had no idea it was situated right there! So, having a London Pass, we got in free and enjoyed it thoroughly.
 
Now, back to craft.
 
I am delighted to say that I have succeeded in crocheting the little baby blanket and have done the first border. Fingers crossed that I shall complete the other borders without much confusion or stress. 


                                          
 
 
Some secret sewing is coming along nicely.


 
 
 
The final stitchery of Jenny's BOM is completed and I have sewn on the sashings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am trying to use fabrics from my stash to finish this . I am contemplating using this fabric for the wider border I am planning to put around it but I am not 100% sure yet. What do you think? It actually has some colours in it that the stitcheries have.
 
 
 
 
 
I scored these 6 lovely Civil War repro fat 1/4s for $6.00 at a patchwork meeting. WOOHOOO!
 
 
 
 
 Oh dear! I have so many things on this post. I hope I haven't bored you to tears. I get so excited when I am on a roll. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
Angel Blessings.
 
.

8 comments:

  1. Love your thimble additions. Jenny's BOM has turned really nice - I am actually making mine into pot holders (more presents lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my lovely friend,love your new thimbles,Cheryll collects these as well and has a great collection. The blanket looks lovely Ondrea and what lovely purchases those fabrics are,hope you enjoy your weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on your crochet and stitching projects.
    lovely fabrics and such cute thimbles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your crotchet blanket. I had a chuckle when I saw all your craft photos-- I can see that your favourite colour is purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never bored to tears with your posts Ondrea...love the thimbles actually looked at one at Chichester cathedral yesterday, but was made in China and not very nice. Do you want one from Russia if I can find one?? Great fabrics you have gatheres and oove the crochet blanket. ..secret sewing looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh you had a lot to share. I loved seeing your thimbles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely thimbles to remember the different places and some fun projects too.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty thimbles!!! I'll have to have mum pull out her collection sometime, I forget what they look like - some were my grandma's. I don't use them so I don't collect them. Your crochet looks lovely, and so does all your stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete