Monday 25 April 2016

SPLENDID FRUSTRATION AND SOME HAPPY STITCHING


On Saturday I sat at my sewing machine determined to complete 3 of the Splendid Sampler blocks that I had prepared earlier. Woohooo! Off I went but frustration soon overtook any joy I may have had. Once again, despite my concerted effort to be accurate when cutting and sewing, the nasty little gremlins decided to play havoc and each block turned out smaller than the size they were meant to be. So, I am seriously thinking of just chucking these blocks away with the other ones I stuffed up and giving the SS a big miss. After all, I have so many other projects I can be doing without driving me to G&Ts , coffee and chocolate!


 
 
On a brighter note, I have really enjoyed stitching Jenny's calendar blocks and I have now completed 2 more ready to make into mini quilts . I like putting them on display and changing them each month. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
August is almost finished too! But I will save that one for later.
Another thing I enjoy is reading and I have been rather slack the last couple of years allowing the computer to get in the way  of books. I used to read  50 -60 books a year and I am rather disappointed with myself lately as I have so many books on my shelf just waiting to be read. I have to thank Michelle  for inspiring me once again. It seems that Michelle has the same reading taste as I do and I have been book stalking her. Kate Morton is a favourite Australian author of mine and I have all her books. You may recall that I purchased her latest one a while ago ? I just completed it and it was a really great read as usual. 
 
 
 
 
Well, I suppose I should get back to stitching now. Or reading.
 
I hope that each and every one of you have something to smile about this week.
 
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry you have had a frustrating time with your blocks :( However I do love your pretty stitcheries. I loved The Lakehouse....a great read! Don't worry I have written your recommendations on my wish list too lol! Can't think of a nicer thing to get led astray over xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are doing my head in .. You are so good ...love her books ... Wow to your stitcheries 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ondrea your work is always so beautiful,I am in awe of your stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous stitcheries as always. Check the needle width on your machine....ask me how I know - more blocks than I care to remember ending up smaller until a friend showed me the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ondrea, your stitcheries are so pretty, well done. I'm so sorry to read about the issues with SS... if it's that annoying I guess there could be a wisdom in stopping, as long as you don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are having sewing troubles with the SS. Your stitcheries are beautiful and having those mini quilts around would be lovely. I like reading Kate Morton too.

    ReplyDelete