Friday 3 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope you have all welcomed the new year with an abundance of good health, love and happiness, not to mention lots of yummy stitching projects to do. I have taken the plunge and already joined a swap as you can see on the right hand side bar. I have made a start on it and plan to have it done with heaps of time left before it needs to be posted to my mystery swap partner. Could it be you? Meanwhile, I have been crocheting a baby blanket for the Women's Refuge, a good start to my year of making things for charity.

I am fairly new at crochet and have attempted a ripple blanket for the first time with the help of a tutorial and some input from Barb. Here is a closer look.


 
 
Do you like a magazine called "Quilt Mania" ? They have a sisiter magazine called " Simply Vintage" which has just been released in English and I was lucky enough to find it at a local newagency. This was an Autumn issue and it has so many projects in it I want to do.
 



I have read a few books during the past few weeks. As you can see my genres include fiction, non fiction and biographies.




This month I am  focusing on finishing things off such as putting sleeves on the little civil war reproduction quilts , sewing the buttons and binding on Henrietta Whiskers quilt, finishing all the appliques for the Crazy Cats quilt  and doing the Initial Heart swap . Maybe I shall knit a couple of facewashers and crochet another baby blanket for charity between all this.  Well, you know what it is like, gotta keep the fingers working.

Angel Blessings

6 comments:

  1. The crochet is very sweet Ondrea:) Such pretty colours! I am so looking forward to seeing HW once completed as I have the pattern but so far not the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your crochet blanket is so pretty ondrea and sounds like you have been very busy,now i wonder is that intial heart coming my way ,maybe,lol.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Simply Vintage a couple weeks ago and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ripple blanket, a very pretty variegated wool colour. I've also been looking at this magazine and have put myself on an imposed magazine diet this year but I'm sooooo tempted by this one :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket and I agree Simply Vintage is a great magazine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really busy. Love the colour of the blanket. I found the magazine as well and just got the winter issue today. I love this new Simply Vintage magazine.

    ReplyDelete