Monday 28 March 2016

APRIL IS COMING


Can you believe the first 1/4 of the year is almost over? Where has all the stitching time gone? I have really enjoyed stitching Jenny's calendar designs and have made them into individual mini quilts. I have completed April's stitchery and it is ready to display as soon as April arrives. I machine quilted this one instead of hand quilting it . Just straight lines using the normal foot. Lazy and not particularly effective but it will do.


 
 
Meanwhile , back in Teddy Land, I have made progress. With only a teeny tiny bit of stitching left to do on the last block , I have cut all the hexies out of the backing fabric and made the centre hexie. I discovered that I hadn't stitched a leaf on one of the blocks so it was promptly rectified and I have made a point of thoroughly checking each block now. My eyes are not as good as they used to be. Ho hum!
 
 
 
 
Today is Teddy day for me and maybe a little Lucy Boston . What are you stitching today?
 
Angel Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



9 comments:

  1. They are the most gorgeous bears Ondrea. Love your April mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful April mini...love those bears, you are going really well with them. We have just completed a wasgij (jigsaw backwards)and now to cut some fabric for the next hexie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful April mini and those bears are just soooo cute I can't wait to see them made up as hexies. Hope you had some time to work on some craft today :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Jenny stitchery. I live in Teddy land all the time lol! Love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mini and those teddy hexies look gorgeous..
    Enjoy your teddy day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ondrea,love your teddy hexies,cant wait to start mine,your little mini is so cute,hope you have a wonderful evening my friend,i am too tired to stitch tonight,lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the mini looks great and so do your bears...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea using the embroidery as a monthly MiNi.
    Well done... xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking on Stitch-In Days! That little calendar piece is wonderful, and I think it's fine with the machine quilting. I like the colors reflecting from the stitchery to the border, too. Those Teddies are just more adorable each time I see them!

    ReplyDelete